SCH 4UInstructor: Ms. Van Gaal
- 1. Introduction
- Lab Writing
- Unit 1: Organic Chemistry
- B1. assess the social and environmental impact of organic compounds used in everyday life, and
propose a course of action to reduce the use of compounds that are harmful to human health and the environment;
B2. investigate organic compounds and organic chemical reactions, and use various methods to represent the compounds;
B3. demonstrate an understanding of the structure, properties, and chemical behaviour of compounds within each class of organic compounds.
- Unit 2: Structure and Properties
- C1. assess the benefits to society and evaluate the environmental impact of products and technologies that apply principles related to the structure and properties of matter;
C2. investigate the molecular shapes and physical properties of various types of matter;
C3. demonstrate an understanding of atomic structure and chemical bonding, and how they relate to the physical properties of ionic, molecular, covalent network, and metallic substances
- Unit 3: Energy Changes and Rates of Reaction
- D1. analyse technologies and chemical processes that are based on energy changes, and evaluate them in terms of their efficiency and their effects on the environment;
D2. investigate and analyse energy changes and rates of reaction in physical and chemical processes,and solve related problems;
D3. demonstrate an understanding of energy changes and rates of reaction.
- Unit 4: Equilibrium
- E1. analyse chemical equilibrium processes, and assess their impact on biological, biochemical,
and technological systems;
E2. investigate the qualitative and quantitative nature of chemical systems at equilibrium, and solve related problems;
E3. demonstrate an understanding of the concept of dynamic equilibrium and the variables that cause shifts in the equilibrium of chemical systems.