Monday, February 19
- Family Day
Tuesday, February 19
- Hand in 10 lines of Dialogue (was due Tus, Feb 12)
- Take up short stories from last week
- Mood worksheet
- Character development worksheet
Wednesday, February 20
- Grammar Work
- Colons and Semicolons
- Quotation Marks (review)
Thursday, Feburary 21
- My Life's Short Story
- Building a Believable Setting
Friday, February 22
- "The Monkey's Paw" short story
Monday, February 11
- My Blueprint session in the library to choose next year's course.
- Parents must look at and sign the course selection sheet students printed today.
Tuesday, February 12
- Snow Day
Wednesday, February 13
Thursday, February 14
- "On the Sidewalk Bleeding" short story
Friday, February 15
- "Lamb to the Slaughter" short story
Monday, February 4
Tuesday, February 5
Wednesday, February 6
- Ultimate Construction story questions and answers due
- The Sniper Introduction to short stories
Thursday, February 7
- Course Fair canceled
- The Man Who Had No Eyes Plot graphs, theme, mood, effective use of dialogue
Friday, February 8
- Based on the dialogue assignment (which not all students submitted) students need help punctuating dialogue.
- Punctuating Dialogue information package review
- Charles short story
- Dialogue assignment. 10 lines of perfectly punctuated dialogue based on a conversation between a mischievous child and his/her two parents. Due Tuesday, February 5
Please note that due to copyright restrictions I will be unable to post a lot of our English work directly. Please be aware, however, that paper copies are given in class.
If a student misses a day they can get any handouts from the bulletin board at the back of the classroom.
Friday, Feb 1
Students should read and answer assigned questions for the introductory short story Ultimate Construction.
St. Michael Catholic High School
2755 Cty Rd 43
Kemptville, ON K0G 1J0
Called Together to Learn